Sunday, April 06, 2008

桜、、大好き~:: Sakura~ I love it so much~

*Note* I added links to the Japanese terms I used. Please click them and see what they mean. And for your convenience, I made them open in a new window/tab! :p

Today was such a full day. It is the week end and I can't just sit in my room doing nothing.
The weather was sunny and warm..that was great! So I went out for a walk and luckily found some nice sakura trees that are still fighting for survival!







I think anyone who sees me will guess that I am seeing Sakura for the first time, because I took like 3 or 4 pictures of each sakura tree I pass by! Actually I think that I have no problem in traveling all over Japan and taking pictures for all Sakura trees! I just love this tree so much... a new OTAKU category : sakura otaku(^_^)

At noon time, I was supposed to go to the AKAMON to meet S-san ;a participant in the Japan delegation that came to Jordan last September.
I haven't tried to go to the Hongou campus alone so far, so today was my first time and it was such a big success!^^
This is the Tokyo metro map.



All I had to do is to go from Shibuya station to Akasakamitsuke station by Ginza line(orange), then change to the Marunouchi line(Red) and go to Hongou san choume station. A walk for 7 minutes then here you are in front of the AKAMON. You can see on the map above.

This is a good chance to introduce a great website that tells you about all the possible routes from a source to destination, then the decision is up to you (according to cost, time, number of transfers...). Click here and try it! (Press the "english" button after you open the page).
I think it will be very useful for anyone new to Tokyo metro.

The AKAMON (Red gate). It is one of the Tokyo University gates. This one is very famous..more famous than the main gate itself. A lot of people come and take pictures of it.

There, S-san introduced me to a group of friends and we did OHANAMI. I was really glad to do my first OHANAMI in TOUDAI Hongou Campus!
The sakura trees were in their HAZAKURA state(when it starts loosing blossoms and leaves start to grow), so with each breeze a sakura snow falls on us.
That was really fun, thank you minna!! ( ^_')b


OHANAMI


Sakura on my way back near my lodge



On my way back, I entered KOMABA KOUEN(Komaba park) for the first time. Its a park near my lodge.
I discovered some sakura trees that look like they had their MANKAI(full bloom) yesterday. I took some pictures but they weren't good because it was a little dark.(I wish I had entered this park from the beginning!!!).
So I decided to go there tomorrow very early in the morning and take good pictures before the blossoms disappear.






Other pictures I took today that are worth posting :


Shibuya Crossing..one of the busiest crossings ever.


This is in Shibuya too..Do you recognise the girl picture on the building? :D
It is the Sensei from the drama, GOKUSEN..lol some of my nihongo class students will definitely download this picture! ;)

And now I am in the lounge where we have free and fast internet, blogging about today.
Wow I really write much (@_@)..but you know.. I want to enjoy blogging while I still have time to do so!
See you next post!

9 comments:

MadeMyDay said...

i just enjoyed reading ur blog soo much and watching beautiful pics straight from japan was such a relief in my very boring day at work.. I want you to enjoy it to the max there coz believe me u r lucky to be in such beautiful places, soo good luck brave mouse

Biraru said...

wow .. you are active Amani chan ^^
I just opened your blog to chick it as usual before going to sleep but I didn't expect to find a new long post ^^

first .. this is not a metro map ; it's a maze ! but give me some days & I'll know how to solve it and get out of it ^^

omoshiroi akamon ... reminded me of our lone gate which had been built just before 2 years :P

watashi mo sakura ga daisuki .. ohanami ga hoshii (T_T)
you look so tired in the pic .. salamtek ^^
still tired from that long journey to japan ? ^^

but .. but .. where's the KIMONO ?! isn't there a japanese proverb such as ( ohanami without kimono is like a cooking pot without a lid ) ? :p

"some of my nihongo class students will definitely download this picture! ;)" .....
I bet you are talking about Rua chan ne? ;)

If you had a phone number [ and if you give it to me when you get one :p ] I would have calling you now to wake you up to go watching sakura in Komaba kouen right now ..... but I'll do it by internet :P

Amaaaaaaaaaniiiiiii ... waaaaaake uuuuup ... it's 8:30 o'clooooock ^^
no .. you can't have another 5 minutes .. wake up nooooooooow ^^

hiro said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. Well,, The train/subway is very complicated for me. :(( I often get lost in Tokyo. T_T Maybe you know more than me about it.

qutaibah said...

SOGOI I realy intreset when I read this blog
I realy feel Tokio in my PC
ganbatte kudasai

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Liliana chan!
Thank you so much^^ Mouse san says hi ;)
I will do my best so do your best too at work! mmpa!

Bira-ru san,
u don't need a kimono for the ohanami^^;
and yea I mean R chan and M chan, plz deliver my "yoroshiku" to them.

hiro san,
thank you ^^ So far I lost my way one time, hope it wont happen again(笑)

Qutaiba san,
glad that u liked it.
ganbarimasu!

Biraru said...

"u don't need a kimono for the ohanami^^;" ...
wakatteimasu .. demo , anato no yume dewa arimasen ka ? isn't this your dream ? wearing kimono and watching sakura ^^

"plz deliver my "yoroshiku" to them" ... in sha' ALLAH byoo9al ^^

did you wake up today early ? akeed 97eeti 3ala 9ooti :P

Biraru said...

forgot to say :
did you read the email ? I found some interesting websites ; if you want I'll send them too ^^

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of your blog, Ms. Amani.
I think your English is pretty good, as well as your fluent Japanese!!
How long are you going to stay in Japan? I hope you will enjoy your life here. But please be careful of bad guys here! Security in Tokyo isn't as good as it used to be before......(^_-)-☆

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't mean to threat you, actually, the security in Japan is generally good. You don't need to worry about it in your daily life.
I am worried maybe you will be seduced by bad guys, because you are pretty. So just be careful of guys on the street saying hi to you!! (^_^)