Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally beacame a real nihongo GAKUSEI

Today was the first day of the nihongo classes.
Based on the results of a placement test, I was placed in level 3 (out of 5 levels), which is good, I think.
I will have classes every day from 1:30 ~ 5:00 divided to 2 periods, except for Wednesday where there is only the 1st period and it finishes at 3:00.


This is my desk with my name on it in Katakana and Kanji. I am glad because people are starting to use this kanji for my name when they send me an email.
The class is fun. We are 11 students and there are 9 SENSEIs to teach us and they are assigned to the classes as 1 sensei/period.
The funniest part is the conversation challenge, where the teacher puts you in a certain situation(for example imagine that you need to take a day off tomorrow, go to the teacher, tell him/her and explain your reasons....) and all is video taped.
The fun starts when all students are done and playback time starts! Everyone would start laughing at their selves and their mistakes,(especially the politeness mistakes, and believe me, I am a pro in this type of mistakes !! XD ).
That's all for the nihongo class. I really like it so much! ^_^


Yasuda Auditorium standing high in pride


A Nice view. It's near a Japanese folklore museum.It is on my way to the station


A Mosque that I see when I go walking to Shimokitazawa; a nice shopping area with reasonable prices

That's all for today.

14 comments:

momiji said...

sugoi sugoi^^ 11 students and 9 teachers, wow!
very nice pictures! especially the one with the red tree ^^

nihongo wo ganbatte kudasai><

Anonymous said...

sugoooi

i remembered the drama " Dragon Zakura"

Ganbatte Amani chan ^^

Anonymous said...

Ammon sweety i'm soo happy for u and envy u too waaaaa3
the desk looks so cute just like ones we see n cartoons hehehe

all the views are great and i'm happy ur experienceing such things
tc mouse
hanin

Biraru said...

天日ちゃん ^^
やっと日本語講演が始まりました

hontou ni omoshiroi conversation challenge .. reminded me of the similar eigo conversation challenge we had in the school .. ( who wants to go or needs something must say it in english ) :p

about the holiday .. is it on Saturday & Sunday ?

Nice desk ^^ , I imagined it will be brown :p maybe because our desks are like that ^^;

頑張ってね! (^.')b

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Shimokitazawa is a really nice place full of young people and shops. I advice you to go to village vanguard in shimokitazawa. Very nice place where you'll find lots of pop-culture and sub-culture stuff. Also there's an argeeleh shop with shisha written over it (which means argeelah in Egyptian in case someone doesn't know). Being a nintendo-zuki I got a kinoko lamp and a bonus coins small towel.. and other stuff for my friends.. anyway...

This mosque is Jame' Tokyo. It's near yoyogi-uehara station and I think you can clearly see it from one of the ressha lines. It is in shinjuku I think.. anyways, everything is so close there.. shimokitazawa, setagaya, shinjuku..

Aaah, all those names are nostalgic.. good memories.. and let's not start about the train lines names..

なつかしいぃいぃいぃ~!
もう一度行きたいなぁ~!

qutaibah said...

sogoi!!!
this nihongo class like nihongo in just
is that above your name in photo board?!
you remember the board in just wethout front_right wheel & when you touch it turn over then .....
v.nice nature special red tree & that big on the sides
of road

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Momiji san, Iman san, Biraru san,
GANBARIMASU :)
and yes its sat and sun.

hannoon chan,
thank you~~! ^_^ keep visiting from time to time.

Saemon san,
Yea I saw the Argeeleh shop the first time I went there. I first felt the smell and started looking right and left to see where is it coming from, and there was the shisha thing :D It's anything but nihonppoi!
..the lines..i think they are among the most things that I wanted to see again.
Thanks for the advice :)
Qutaiba san,
lol don't remind me of it

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Oh, there are a lot of things there that are not nihonppoi.. (some whole streets are not nihonppoi at all). either that, or the understanding you have of 'nihonppoi' will change. :)

So, I just noticed, you became a real sensei before becoming a real gakusei.. niice!

Anonymous said...

nice blog and nice photos
you are in the last nihon GAKUSEI grad.

i need to ask you
what is the student nationality in your class?

gunbatte

prometheus said...

what kind of politeness "mistakes" did you make?

I don't think you came up to the teacher and said:
" OI, ashita jikan ga nai, dakara, kitakunai. Wakatta? ja, mata.. "

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Saemon san,
yea some streets make you feel that you are in Europe w
The shimokitazawa streets made me feel that I am in Irbid! :D

Anonymous san,
In my class there are students from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bulgaria and Brazil

G-san,
...e7em..something close to that :p
well, I started everything very smoothly keigo politeness and everything..but at last(when we reached to that it's ok not to come) I broke all what I've said so far by a simple sentence..I said "jaa, OK desu ka?" ... @_@ (yalla laugh:p )

prometheus said...

I see

ok..........JA NAI

anyway, sore wa sasoga
I'm afraid when some people I know go to japan, with their vocabulary filled with words like "shine, korra, buttobasu, kieru...etc"
and I'm not saying that among these people is a certain bilal-san (x_x)

Biraru said...

e7em ... thanks to you Ghayth san .. always teaching me nice words like these :P

Kai and Baobei said...

can i learn japanese from u? :) im from malaysia.