Monday, October 22, 2007

My first Japanese class

Today i started giving the Japanese language course in J.U.S.T.
What can i say, things went far better than i expected!^^ I could see a great interest in the language. I even found some people who have a light background about the language because they watch Anime or J-drama and participating with what they learned from them.



In todays section, 40 or more students attended the class.
The topics were : writing systems, daily life and class expressions. I used both hiragana and romaji for the expressions since i didnt teach hiragana in detail yet. This will be the topic of the next class..

Using hiragana before totally teaching it to students,as i believe, is useful. This way they will come to the next class with some background about hiragana that was learned from the expressions.
One active student actually wrote his name from the hiragana he collected from the expressions we used and showed it to me.

Actually there is something crazy about me : I love teaching Japanese language very much, and when i start i can hardly stop. For example, today after the actual class time ended, some students who had lectures left. Others who had no lectures stayed and asked for more, and i gave like 30minutes more..but i had to stop after that because i had to leave for my network security lecture. i would continue if i didn't have that lecture :p

My Japanese is not perfect. But i think my level is enough to teach a beginner and lower intermediate course...
I'm taking this class seriously, it's a great responsibility and i want everyone to benefit from it. I will utilize all the tools i have to deliver correct and accurate information.
I'm enjoying it, students are enjoying it, それは何よりです!
Let's see how many more students we can add to the growing nihongo learners community in Jordan! (^_^)y
mata ne!


15 comments:

hiro said...

kanji chan,

It must be a great experience for you. Teaching is also learning at the same time. アマーニさんは、日本とヨルダンの架け橋になれますね。

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Amani-san,
around one year ago, I got a hiragana hyou from a hyaku-en shop. It's in JICA, so maybe you can ask S or O-sensei to borrow it.

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

hiro san,
"架け橋" ^^ i like this part ^_^ thank you! But im not alone, there are a number of us in Jordan ;)

saemon,
Thank you!^^ but how around one year ago? did u go to Japan before this september? or somebody got it for u?

Anonymous said...

There is an international Japanese hyaku-en shop called Daiso. It has branches in many countries including Kuwait and UAE. When I visit Kuwait or UAE, I usually go there.

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

ah! that daiso shop thing! i heard once about it, but i didn't know there is one in the UAE too. i studied my elementary school years in UAE but i dont think they had that daiso thing at that time

ukyou said...

アマーニさん。
今日はありがとうございました。
大変楽しかったです。
アマニさんの日本語に対する熱意を感じました。

クラス、お疲れ様!
アマーニさんのクラス、ぜひ見学させてください!

がんばってください!

Amani san!
Thanks for today. i had a great time and a very nice chat.

I felt the love you have for Japanese language! reminded me of myself when i was young.
(Now I am an Ossan you know)

Great news about your classes, i am dying to see them in person if you allow me to.

Do your best !

YzN said...

konnichiwa.... :D

I'm really so happy and glad "for the first time in just"....The nihongo course...so interesting...so dynamic.. and never boring....

Thank You sensei!

Anonymous said...

みなさん こんにちわ。
わたしわだいがくせいです。

あまにせんせい
This is the most interesting course im studying in j.u.s.t .
i can't wait tell the next lecture,
i wish u could add more common kanji symbols each lesson .

ありがとございますせんせい。
がんばって!!

Anonymous said...

(UP)..
one more thing i only know hiragana letters to use (for now)!!

Anonymous said...

アマーニはやっぱりスゴイね!
ビックリしたよ、日本語を教えているなんてしらなかった!!!
yeah, you and all students are 「架け橋」!!!

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

右京先生、
こちらこそ!;) 本当に楽しかった!
いつも夢を持っている人々は「おっさん」にならない!右京先生はそのような人です^^
I would love that you and all sensei-tachi come and see the class :D today i talked with マネージャーさん and he was very welcoming to the idea..ill continue this talk in the email i will send you shortly :D

yazan san,
konnichi wa! im glad students are enjoying this...thank you!!:D

Anonymous がくせい san :D ,
already typing in Japanese? :D
just one mistake! discover it by urself (hint: "wa" and "ha" )
and for the kanji..i don't wana push everything one time..step by step!!

Asuka san,
お久しぶりですね!
ありがとう!^^いい経験と思います:)

Unknown said...

thats sounds soo cool! kya!
i was wondering how r u doing! great to know survived the 1st class with flying colors!

Anonymous said...

今日はアマーニ先生
今日は皆さん [ Sensei first :) ]
ありがとうございます for japanese course , I really can't wait for the next class , your classes are really great .. interesting .. dynamic .. Super-dynamic ;)
I have a habit of smiling when I understand the lecture ( and that occurs once in the year ) ; but in your class I am smiling all the time , three times in the week ... can you know whi I am ??!! :p
But I am very sad for not taking classes at next sunday & tuesday ( and I have exam at thursday 12:15 pm so I can't come ) , I really hope we can take it at another time ( for example 2:10 pm at Tue & Thu )
sorry for all this talking ( or writing ) but I wanted to thank you
さようなら先生
がんばって

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

S-chan,
:D arigatou! it wouldnt work out without students being interested..and without a sensei who can make students like the language :p come sometime! ^^

bme2003,
i guess i know you now..the smiley gakusei! :p
just one note : it is more normal to write "konnichi wa" in hiragana. so "こんにちは" is better.
regarding the class times, don't worry you wont miss much since i will do sheets for every important class we take.
mata ne!

Anonymous said...

Learn Japanese Language

any 1 interested....