Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Robo-phones from SoftBank

Half a month ago, Softbank and TV Tokyo introduced the Toshiba made SoftBank 815T PB mobile phone which can transform into a robot figure.



It has enough AI to carry on simple conversations with the owner and show facial expressions on its screen.
This phone will be released soon, and I read that its related to a soon-to-be aired Japanese drama called "Ketai Sousakan 7".




I bet that the one who came out with this idea is a transformers fan!


5 comments:

hiro said...

haha! omoshiroi desunee. It is just like a toy... nanka omocha mitai. But probably lots of people want to get one?

Biraru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biraru said...

lol ^^
hontouni omoshiroi :P
but what about it's weight ? I hope this "legs & hands" things will not make it heavy ^^
I bet you will buy one when you reach Japan :P

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Hiro san,
desu yo ne!
I think people who like mecha things,transformers or gundam might like it ^^

Bme san,
the legs and hands are detachable.
I'm not really interested in buying one..because we ,the technology people, are the ones who get the least fun out of these things.Because we know how they work at least in principle.

..wow, there is a hint of engineering pride in this reply :p

YzN said...

lol! long live the engineers :D

I'm happy I still don't know how these things work :)
And of course I want to get one of them...

The angry face will look cool on the black phone ;)