Friday, November 02, 2007

Little Boy

Does this name seem familiar?

No, I'm not talking about some annoying chibi kid from the neighborhood nor about a particular little boy.
What i'm talking about is something that killed 100,000 human beings in a matter of seconds.
"Little Boy" is the name of the first atomic bomb that was dropped over Hiroshima, Japan in the morning of the 6th of August 1945.

Why am I writing this?
While looking at the Yahoo news, one headline attracted my attention.
It says that the pilot who flied the plane that dropped that nasty "little boy" died today on the age of 92 years.
Honestly, I didn't know that he was living until now. But this made me think about how sometimes the decision of 1 person can cause grief to millions and change the history.(I'm talking about HIS decision whether to follow orders and do IT or not)

This is a matter of views.
For him it was "obeying orders", It was war time after all.
For others, it was an act against humanity.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE

If you took the first side,did the whole thing and finished your mission perfectly, wont you AT LEAST think about what you did for A MOMENT between you and the HUMAN YOURSELF?
That's what I am criticizing here. The man had no regrets even after 60 years what happened.

For me, I am with the second side that says it was un-human.
It was war time.. true
To avoid being attacked you have to attack.. mata true
BUT there are other ways..other ways to attack when in war situation.. ways other than trying your newly invented mass destructive weapon over people.
Kyouto could have been an atomic bomb victim too.. It was among the cities that were suggested to be struck..but its beauty saved it. kyouto was removed from these suggested targets due to its beauty and historical significance...
Do they expect a reply to this as " oh! how nice and thoughtful from you" ? :p

It's hard to say it is the mistake of one side over the other..wars shouldn't happen from the beginning.
But unfortunately they happen upon the decision of "decision making" individuals..and the victims are?
Right, CIVILIANS.

Refer to the link above to read the full story.
May the whole world live in peace some day.


18 comments:

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Amani-san,
During your visit, did you go to Hiroshima?

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

ううん、行かなかった。
でも、行きたいよ。
We only went to Kyouto and Toukyou.
why r u asking?^^;

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Because I saw a lot of documents and evidence there that the war with Japan could have ended without an atomic bomb.

A word of advice, don't get your news from Yahoo, all their stories are feeds from Reuters and AP. Very biased and one sided news.

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

I don't, its just as i mentioned. The title attracted my attention since news appear in front of you when u sign out from yahoo mail and be redirected to their home page.
Can you tell more? what did you see/read? kyoumi ga aru kara ^^

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Mochiron Amani-san,

Hiroshima peace memorial park deserves a post of its own, but I don't know if I can write it anytime soon.

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Also, about Yahoo news, I just clicked on the 'sports' tab once, and everytime I log on I only see American sports news headlines. How not interesting!

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

広島平和記念公園のポストを楽しみにしていますよ!..and take your time, el mohem that u post about it ^^

Saemon 左衛門 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sayed Mahmood Alaali said...

Dear miss Amani,

I think you are totally right about the nuclear weapons and any country should not use them.

But I think if they did not use this weapon. The war will not stop.

maybe because you love japan you say that it's not true to attack them!

Thanks,
Sayed Mahmood Alaali

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

alaali san,
Let me clear some points.

"But I think if they did not use this weapon. The war will not stop."

Well,that was a quick solution to stop the war..but a dirty un-human one..
If this war ended like any war does, simple math will show that human losses will be much much less.
we are talking about 2 atomic bombs in less than 3 days..don't forget to count those who died after this over several years because of exposure to radiations.

"maybe because you love japan you say that it's not true to attack them!"

That's absolutely NOT true..please don't assume things..
It's true i love Japan so much, but that wont prevent me from seeing what's right and what's wrong in it.
And i mentioned this in the post, its hard to determine whose mistake is this. Both sides were wrong at some point. That's why i said wars shouldn't start from the beginning.

phew!..sorry for the long reply..but i felt a little insulted by your second remark.
have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

thats what i call edgy technology and stupid rulers!

Sayed Mahmood Alaali said...

Dear sister,

I am sorry if my reply wasn't polite enough.

Just what I want to say that. sometimes in the war there is no wrong and right. everyone try to do what is necessary for his country.

All of the people around the world say that the war is a mistake. any war .. but, at the end they just do what they think will help their countries even if what they do is a wrong thing. this is the live.

Best wishes,
Sayed Mahmood Alaali

Saemon 左衛門 said...

I'm boiling! Can you see the steam coming out of my head?...

Sayed Mahmood Alaali said...

sorry Mr. Saemon,

why you are boiling?
don't you think that anyone can discuss a topic with an opposite ideas?

Just hope you be calm as soon as you can. you don't have to be angry because someone write something you don't like.

Take care,
Sayed Mahmood Alaali

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

First,a msg for all : discuss your points freely but in a nice way. Don't turn this comment box into a battle field.

S-chan,
ne~!
its always the problem of decision makers ^^;

alaali san,
Never mind.
It is a matter of different views.
Yea, what you wrote is what happens in real life. I know this. I'm just against it.^^

saemon san,
何でだろう?^^;
本当に分からない。私が書いたことか?あのお兄さんが書いたことか?
意見をはっきり言ってください。^^

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Sayed,
I'm sorry, I couldn't hide my disgust at your clearly acquired ideas, I'm quite sure they are acquired and not well thought out.

There is right and wrong, with or without war. If you think in wars there isn't, then you are just justifying for more atrocities and wrong-doing, and who knows you might also do so 'under such conditions'.

Right stands out clear from wrong. People just don't always follow what they know is right because it clashes with their motives sometimes.

That the A-bomb 'supposedly' ended the war with Japan does not justify using it.

Additionally, it was immature saying 'maybe because you love japan..'. It has nothing to do with nationality or preferences, and everything to do with being human.

Cheers,

Sayed Mahmood Alaali said...

Hello,

Dear Amani and Saemon,

first of all, when I say Maybe because you love Japan I just mention that as a joke. I know it is against humanity to use something like that. but, even the TNT and clashen-koof and M16 is against humanity.

The war is wrong thing from the beginning.

but if there is a war. No one can say okay I have the most powerful weapon but it's against humanity so I will not use it! that's a joke. yes a joke if I am in a war and I have a weapon can make this war on my hand. and I say No I will not use it.

So, If I am in a war I will use anything will help me to end it for me.

Best wishes,
Sayed Mahmood Alaali

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.