Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My Golden DAY - Re-living memories + a first meeting

Today was such a wonderful day.
During the whole golden week, I've gone no where... nowhere worth mentioning; and the weather was not encouraging at all. It had been either rainy or cloudy in a very gloomy way.

But today was such a full day, a real golden day.
Sunny and warm. Just looking out through the window would move you to get dressed and go out.
I don't like unplanned go outs, so I spent like 10 minutes planning what to do, where to go and how to go! But the day ended with a nice unplanned surprise :) Follow on with me!

As an engineer, I was looking for the most efficient way,in terms of cost, to reach my destinations utilizing my monthly pass as much as I can.

At last I decided to go first for a walk near Tameikesannou station(溜池山王駅), to bring back memories of last year's summer!

I walked beside the ANA Hotel, where we were staying.. "ohisashiburi~"



Stared at this shrine.. "oh! I remember you!"



And wondered about these 2 jidouhanbaiki(自動販売機) which are still in their places.. I used them to buy a bottle of juice last year, I remember that clearly..



I thought: "There should be a 24hours McDonalds if I turn here", and there it was.
I remember the place very well! We used to walk here a lot in the humid nights of Tokyo summer =)
Each time I pass by a building or anything thing that I remember from that time, it becomes like : "Hi! I am back as I promised!"
I was really happy to walk there! A happiness with a small hint of NATSUKASHII-ness, since I miss those youth exchange program days~.

The tameike sannou part is over now.
Next, I was planning to go to Akiba, to buy some stuff and to,again, re-live some memories.
I went there from Ocha no mizu station. But before that I had a small walk near this station..ocha no mizu is really a nice place~ with a small river/stream of ocha water :p


ocha no mizu..literally !

After arriving to Akiba -which is only the next station after ocha no mizu on the sobu chuo line- I headed to Yodobashi Akiba and spent most of the time there.
I got myself the 8MP Canon IXY 910IS DigiCamera and some other stuff..
Although the Sony cybershot ones where attractive..but when it comes to photography, I prefer to choose the name with longer history in photography.
High quality pictures on this blog from now on~~

We are not done yet!
The nice surprise was waiting~
When I came back home, I was about to open my room's door when I noticed that the horizon was very clear and that I could see some mountains.
I saw these ones before, but the thing was that today was clear enough that I could see mount Fuji.
I grabbed my mobile phone, rushed to the 7th floor of the lodge and there was the wonderful view.
At first I wasn't 100% sure it was mount Fuji. But given that it was further than any mountain I could see, yet bigger than anyone of them. + It's symmetrical shape + It's exactly where it should be direction-wise ..I became positive it is Fuji!
ドキドキ!! ..ワクワク!! is the best way to describe my feelings at that time.
Taken by my 3.2MP mobile camera, the pictures are not good! But I hope they can deliver at least a small part of the idea!
There are 2 pictures. The first is the original one, and the second is an edited one to make it easier to see.


The original picture - probably wont be able to see it


I edited the contrast and sharpness of the picture so if you look well you can see its upper part. (pointed to by an arrow) It's hiding behind the mountains to the front
Of course It was much clearer to be seen by bare eyes

This last picture is one got from the Internet. It's a view of Fuji from Tokyo Tower. I should go there next time the weather is clear..

This picture is NOT taken by me

This picture is NOT taken by me

Of course Tokyo Tower is much higher than my lodge building (duh!) . It's the highest in Tokyo Actually. So you can see more of Fuji san.
Also given Tokyo Tower's location with reference to my lodge, Fuji will be seen a little shifted to the left with reference to the mountains in front of it. And this is what you will see if you compare the 2 pictures.

....What I am trying to do here is to prove that the 2 previous pictures are for the same thing. i.e. what I saw was indeed Fuji.

...A verryyyyyyy long post for a veryyyyyyy nice day.
Hope you enjoyed it~ I expect comments! ;)


11 comments:

Unknown said...

おもしろ~い

i really enjoyed with reading
and glad to know that u enjoyed with ur Golden Day ^^

whats up with Ocha no mizu station
i kept staring in the picture while thinking in the name

i tried to see FUJI san in ur pics
but i failed >_<

but i bet its fuji yama ^^

try to see all of Tokyo ^^

Ganbatte Kudasai

Anonymous said...

Hi Amani-Chan.
Wow, you got Canon IXY 910IS? That's cool. That model is one of the best compact digital cameras as far as I know.
Canon is much better in terms of photo quality just as you wrote, because its vivid color and sharpness surpass other manufacturers. Sony isn't good at colors, especially natural green.
Moreover, unlike Sony, All the models by Canon have both English/Japanese languages mode by default, so I always recommend Canon to foreign friends of mine.

a7medjo said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tasheh men el a5er nyalek ..
.................
every time i read ur posts .. i remember that i have 2 work hard 2 go there 2 japan ..

Anonymous said...

Really cool trip... the weather is good here these days..but of course we don't have mount Fuji so add more nice touch to the nature:P

Mubarak the new Camera...so we expect more nice pictures to feel just like we're with u....
Allah ehaneeki ^_^

Biraru said...

とても楽しいレポートです
あなたと一緒に思いました :p

晴れ?暖かい?でも。。MSN Weather によって、今日から気温が下がりませんか?(^_')

終日の McDonalds は凄いです。。チーズバーガーありますか?
w: チーズバーガー二つとコーヒーですね、少少お待ちください :p

お茶の水は変な名前ですね ^^;
カメラをおめでとうございます。。新しい写真を楽しみにしています ^^

ええ~?富士山を見えましたか?素晴らしい。。
面白い冒険でしたか?喜びましたか? ^___^

遅いコメントごめん。。ちょっと忙しかった ^^;

長いレポートは長いリプライを価します ^^
私のポストに違いあったら。。教えてください ^_^

じゃあ。。お元気で。。またね! ^^

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bilal san..Mcdonalds in Japan do have Cheese burgers and they are quite cheap.
Cheese burgers, hamburgers, and drinks(soft drinks, shake, coffe in small size),etc. are all 100 Yen(about 0.68 JOD).
So, you will only pay 1.36JOD in total for a basic meal there, or 0.68JOD only for a drink.

There are many young Japanese homeless people staying in 24-hour Mcdonalds simply because they're cheap, and people can stay there as long as they want.

Anonymous said...

Those newly born homeless people are called "マック難民" or Mac refugees, who are just similar to "ネットカフェ難民" or "Internet cafe refugees" who took shelter in 24-hour open Mcdonalds or internet cafes because they have no home to stay in.

So, 24-hour open Mcdonalds and internet cafes are now like refugees camps in Japan.
It's of course becoming a big social probem in Japan, representing the widening wealth gap there. Chek out those words on the net, and you will see dark side of Japan too!

hiro said...

思い出の旅、よかったですね! また日本に来られて! :)
富士山はほんとうに美しい姿をしていると思います。

Qutaibah said...

Domo Gomennasai I'm late
"Hi! I am back as I promised!"
every time I read this Golden sentence in this Golden day
I feel how much Gunbaremasu u say & I know what's the hard work that you do

& existing a strong desicion
to say
we promise u & that u promised
as u promised we following u & we are coming maybe not now but we are coming

Abed. Hamdan said...

Amaani SAN!! So you made it to Japan !! I am so proud of you !!!! :)

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Imo chan,
Ocha no mizu = Green tea's water..I was just refering to the river that looks to me like a green tea water river :p

Gengoro san,
詳しいですね!^^
Thanks for commenting^_^
I always try to look at the bright side of everything :)

Luffy san,
ganbatte kudasai! :)

Enas san,
We can see mount Al-Sheikh from Irbid too :D It really looks beautiful too on clear days.

Bme san,
おお!本当に長いコメントですね^^;
日本語、頑張ってください!

Hiro san,
そうですね!いつか、もっと近くから見たいのです…はこねとか!

Qutaiba san,
Arigatou for the Golden Comment too ;)

Abed san,
Thank you for the nice words!(^_^)
Wish you the best of luck too!