Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Samurai without a master

Mission successfully completed.
In the previous post I put the daruma doll with 1 painted eye to show my commitment for doing my best for my last final exams.



The daruma doll with 2 painted eyes.

I just returned from my last exam, and painted the other eye (on Adobe Photoshop of course, since I don't have a real one :p).
It feels strange knowing that I wont be going to the university as usual.
1 visit is left for JUST while I am still considered a student, that's when I go to get my graduation certificate.

Now I became like a master-less wandering samurai .. ww

But the Kanji storm is coming soon! I'm planning to boost up my kanji during my free time..another daruma san needed? ... I am going to need a lot of them from now on ..lol(^▽^)

To talk a little about the doll you see in the picture for those who feel clueless ; Daruma dolls are hollow and round Japanese dolls with no arms or legs.
They are heavy on the bottom and bounce back when tipped over, so they have become a symbol of optimism, good fortune and strong determination.

Usually they are sold without the eyeballs painted in. People paint in one eye when they set out a goal and paint in the other one when they have achieved the goal.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

なるほど
I were wondering why its eyes were like that ^^
mmm .. what a strange believes they have ^^;

Anyway .. I hope you answered well in the shiken .. and don't worry about not writing from left to right :P I talked with the doctor and he said he will consider your ( up to down ) answers right :P

Saemon 左衛門 said...

You may be a masterless samurai, but you still have your sword with you; you can do all sorts of stuff with it.

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

bme 2003,
lol thanks!

Saemon san,
sou da yo ne~! I almost forgot that. sank yu ww

YzN said...

Sank yu~ sensei for the Daruma explanation !

"you can do all sorts of stuff with it"

u can lend it to me "I wanna kill some people" :P

Biraru said...

Yzn san .. I hope it's not me the one you want to kill :P

Amani Sensei .. please don't lend him your katana :(

==> sorts of stuff ? for me I used to use my katana in fighting evil pirates but now I usually use it in ta26ee3 el ba6a6a w marrat ba2assher lemon :P

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

YzN san, Bme san,
You two are missing a very important point here! we are talking about a whole different type of "katana" ..the one ppl have in their heads :p that is ur knowledge.

Bme san,
"for me I used to use my katana in fighting evil pirates but now I usually use it in ta26ee3 el ba6a6a w marrat ba2assher lemon"

..Well, JUST NOW i want to kill you using the real katana this time!! don't make fun of my dear katana's ....... unless you were mistaking it for a knife!:p

Biraru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biraru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biraru said...

souka? knowledge desuka ? ^^

hontou ni gomennasai .. :P
kowai yo! .. korosanai de kudasai ^^

katana ga daisuki desu yo! ^^;

If you will kill me for what I've said about your katana ; then what would you do if you knew the other stuff I had said in the forum ? ^^;

NOTE : sorry for editing several times ^^; I feel hazukashii ^^;